Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Games Kids Play

I was working from home today and Joe had Sophia outside with him while he mowed the lawn. They have this special game they play called “Ready, Go…” They stand together on the edge of the grass, and Sophia says “Ready, Go.” Then they both run along, Joe pushing the mower and Sophia pumping her arms for all she’s worth. It may sound mundane, but it is hilarious to watch. Anyway, I glance out the window expecting to see this farce of a race, but instead see Joe quietly mowing the grass himself. I open the window, listening, but I don’t hear her. As Joe rounds the corner, to far for me to ask where Sophie is, I start to get…well, a little nervous. A quiet toddler is never good. So I run…I mean, walk calmly downstairs to the large back windows to see the whole yard. There she is with Odin, sitting in the corner by the fence. What is she doing? Watch the video to find out, but just in case you can’t tell, Odin was covered with grass clippings.

No comments: